We use sustainably-sourced plant and mineral based ingredients over petrochemical ones whenever possible and every one of our ingredients is assessed for:
- We carry out comparative ingredient assessments of every product against leading brands to make sure we achieve significantly safer ratings for the environment.
- We undertake independent environmental testing to make sure that our products are suitable for septic tanks and greywater systems.
Our Auckland-based factory is the only manufacturer in Australasia with ISO14001, Diamond Enviromark and carboNZero certifications. These certifications are your guarantee that our products are made with respect and care for our environment.
ISO14001:2004 (certified Nov. 2010) This is an internationally recognised standard where an organisation can be certified by establishing and implementing their requirements for an effective environmental management system that mitigates or minimises the potentially negative effects of their operation on the environment. Read More about ISO14001
Enviromark Diamond (certified Dec. 2009) Enviro-Mark is awarded by Landcare Research, a crown institute and New Zealand's foremost environmental research organisation. Diamond is the highest of 5 levels achieved through the implementation of requirements for an effective environmental management system which includes:
- Identification and evaluation of compliance to legal and other requirements
- Identification and evaluation of environmental aspects and impacts
- Establishing environmental objectives, targets and programmes
- Performing management reviews and internal audits
- Read More about Enviromark Diamond
carboNZero (manufacturing certification 2011) A demonstration of our proactive environmental leadership with regard to carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions and their impact on climate change. Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions related to the use of resources (mainly incurred from transport) and associated processes to manufacture the product (e.g energy consumption, use of fuel and the generation and disposal of solid wastes) are measured and quantified using a calculation tool with the programmes for its reduction while any remaining unavoidable emissions are offset. Read More about carboNZero
Kosher (product certification 2010) Our licence agreement specifically relates to our dishwashing products, ensuring there’s no contamination of Kosher certified food from our detergents and also that there are no ingredients derived from animal or dairy products. Kosher dietary guidelines affect those people of Jewish faith, Muslims and Seventh Day Adventists amongst others. Read More about Kosher certification.